I have come to the realization that I will not be a few things. Our pastor is a phenomenal teacher and one teaching technique he has been known to drive a lesson home with is what the topic is NOT. While his topics teach us the more important things in life, I want to tell you some observations I have made.
Warning: These are not deep thoughts so read at your own risk.
1. I will never be tall and my arms will never be tiny.
2. I will never have thick gorgeous hair nor will I ever have a deep dark tan. (I have wrinkles to prove it from my younger years of naivete. Boy was I naive.)
3. I may never have the nerve (I am envisioning the lion on The Wizard of Oz singing “If I only had the nerve”) to stand in front a large audience and speak eloquently.
I can be me. The ME who can
1. Wear high heels to off set being petite. I just love that word. It is so much better than short or squatty.
2. Workout and have muscular arms. In fact, I told James yesterday I think I can ALMOST wrestle him to the ground. Working with our cattle tends to build some muscles and also doing these painful arm exercises a “friend” recommended on Pinterest.
3. I can wear a snazzy short hairstyle that takes less than 10 minutes to fix. That’s my kind of hairdo!
4. Have you heard of spray tan? It is the cat’s meow.
5. I can work on public speaking and overcome the fear. Being afraid of something is no fun. Does this mean I will become an amazing speaker? Not necessarily, but that is not my goal.
My GOAL: To present myself in a way that is pleasing to God and “may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14
I can be ME because God “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14
Do not worry about what you are not. Que Sera Sera. Be confident in what you ARE.